Balerno Fairtrade Morning – Any pupils that would be able to help out at the event at Balerno Parish Church Halls on Saturday 21 April, 10am to 12 noon, please see Mr McCallum as soon as is possible.
Balerno Fairtrade Morning – This is taking place on Saturday 21 April in Balerno Parish Church Halls, from 10am to 12 noon. The event includes Fairtrade craft, food and information stalls, tastings, raffle, smoothie bike, refreshments, home baking, a display of children’s Fairtrade artwork from their recent competition.
**URGENT APPRENTICESHIP/JOB VACANCY AVAILABLE IN JIGSAW NURSERY BALERNO**
We are delighted to inform you that we have private Nursery in your area who are urgently looking to employ an Apprentice within the organisation. They are looking for any school leavers who are 16-19 years old and are interested in starting a career in child care.
· No experience is necessary
· No prior qualifications from school are required.
Apply online at http://www.carouseltraining.com or see Mr Ferguson in the Guidance Base for more info.
STEM Inspire Courses: 3-day residential engineering workshops for S4 pupils
The Engineering Development Trust are delighted to invite S4 pupils to apply for an
exciting three-day residential course focused on developing broad based engineering skills.
We have a limited number of places on offer to S4 pupils with a passion for Engineering;
particularly those considering further education in Engineering.
Pupils are asked to apply by 24th April if they wish to reserve a place.
Young people taking part in Inspire will spend 3 days at a leading UK university gaining some great experiences, including:
• Introduction to Engineering and/ or Science through project work to give a flavour of what to expect at University first year undergraduate level
• Taking part in hands-on STEM projects, lectures and workshops
• Learning how to manage a project, develop research techniques, problem solving and write reports
• Hearing about university life from lecturers, admissions tutors and post-grad students
• Meeting engineers, scientists, researchers and professionals who’ll explain their own achievements
• Learning to be confident and enthusiastic about next level study in STEM subjects
If you would like to apply, please see Mr Ferguson in the Guidance Base ASAP.