Eco Project: Todays class for litter picking is3H1 CDT with N Irvine.
S1-S6 Choir: Choir rehearsals begin on Thursday 11th November at 1.15pm in the drama studio. All old and new members welcome
Ceilidh Band: Miss Brownhill is starting her ceilidh band again and is looking forward to learning some new pieces with you. If you play the fiddle (violin), flute, drum kit, bass guitar, guitar or accordion then please come along to F8 on Monday lunchtime at 1.20pm. It’s good fun!
Have Your Say on Climate Change and Children’s Rights! Come along to the LRC AT LUNCHTIME TODAY (Thursday 11th) to take part in the following activities organised by our Junior RRSA Group:
- Sign UNICEF’s petition to demand our government commits to protecting children’s rights in all of their climate change policies.
- Make your views heard about how we could do more to tackle the climate crisis in school and in the wider community.
- Take a pledge to action to play your part in tackling the climate emergency.
- Have a look at some reading ideas to learn more about the climate emergency.
You will also find the FINAL CLIMATE ACTION (number 8) of the climate action scavenger hunt that has been happening around the school this week and be able to hand in your answers to go into the prize draw. Hope to see lots of you there!
Book Week Scotland 15 – 21 November: Next week is Book Week, which means there will lots of challenges and activities across the school, celebrating books, reading, and the pleasure they bring.
DEAR (Drop Everything And Read)
- All pupils should bring in personal reading books every day next week, and be prepared to drop whatever you’re doing and read something you genuinely enjoy
- This will be taking place in tutor time and at the start of class.
Book Cover Door Challenge
- Back by popular demand is our Book Cover Door competition! As part of our celebration of our love of reading, and the chance to win huge prizes, your KAT class can decorate your teacher’s classroom door with a book cover of your choice – the more extravagant and imaginative, the better.
- The winning class will get a trip to the cinema, and the winning teacher will have an afternoon off for Christmas shopping.
- Paper, etc. can be collected from the print room, but only Sellotape or Blu-Tack should be used on doors – no staples, please!
- Judging will take place on Friday 26th November.
S1 & S2 Manga Drawing competition
Create your own Manga story, with an Amazon/book voucher as the prize! See Mrs Timoney in the LRC for details.
Scottish Teenage Book Prize
Visit Mrs Timoney in the LRC to read the shortlisted books and vote for your favourite.
Creative Writing competition
Miss Brown (F32) will be running a creative writing competition on this year’s Book Week theme of ‘Celebration’ – entries will have the chance to be published in our own collection.
Tutor Time Quizzes
Look out for Mr Macdonald’s quiz later in the week – prizes for the winners in each year!
Make sure you get involved!