- National 5 Drama provides opportunities for you to develop skills creating and presenting drama. This Course focuses on the development and use of a range of drama skills and production skills to present drama.
- The aims of the Course are to enable you to:
- generate and communicate thoughts and ideas when creating drama
- develop a knowledge and understanding of a range of social and cultural influences on drama
- develop a range of skills in presenting drama
- develop knowledge, understanding and the use of a range of production skills when presenting drama
- explore form, structure, genre and style
- Drama Skills
In this Unit you will explore and develop a range of drama skills and ways of communicating thoughts and ideas to an audience. You will develop a range of skills as an actor. You will learn how to respond to stimuli, including text. You will also learn how to develop portrayal of character in a range of ways and develop knowledge and understanding of form, structure, genre and style when creating and presenting drama. You will develop knowledge and understanding of social and cultural influences on drama. You will also learn how to evaluate your own progress and that of other learners.
2. Drama: Production Skills
In this Unit, you will develop a range of production skills. Which you will use to enhance drama when presenting. You will use problem-solving skills in order to generate ideas for presenting drama.