Support Available for Young People & Families
Difficulties with motor skills can affect your ability to
- move around the school eg up and down stairs or from class to class
- coordinate movement
- participate independently in some classes
- write or draw if fine motor is affected
Class teachers use a range of strategies to engage and support all learners.
Please speak with SfL or pop in to F41 if you have any questions.
How to help at home to support more independent learning:
- Where possible/appropriate encourage use of ICT for recording
- Allow physical movement during homework tasks
- Encourage verbal rehearsal of tasks: talking through steps of a task – then encourage doing so internally
- Talk through physical tasks, using positive language to support motivation
- Promote independence – encourage your child to do as much as possible for themselves
Helpful documents and links: