Support Available for Young People & Families
Difficulties with organisation and planning can affect your ability to
- work independently
- work to deadlines
- organise yourself
- organise your belongings
Class teachers use a range of strategies to engage and support all learners.
Please speak with SfL or pop in to F41 if you have any questions.
How to help at home to support more independent learning:
- Involve your child in discussion about eg what sort of prompts might work for them, or what might help them with organising resources.
- Encourage regular use of planner.
- Encourage use of technology for prompts and reminders.
- Encourage use of strategies that promote organisation:
- drawers/boxes for specific resources
- colour coding according to task or topic
- visual timetables or use of a calendar
- timelines for assignments/deadlines
Helpful Documents and Links
The documents below are for people with a diagnosis of ADHD – however some of the information and strategies may be helpful and relevant for any young person who needs support with organisation and planning.
The link below provides useful information re learning at home: