Support Available for Young People & Families
Difficulties with communication skills can affect your ability to
- remember instructions
- recall vocabulary
- express your thoughts/ideas verbally or in written form
- speak clearly
- interact with others (social interaction)
Class teachers use a range of strategies to engage and support all learners.
We also offer the Emotion Talks, Social Thinking, PEERS, Forest School programmes and 1:1 tutorials to small groups of identified pupils. We may also offer scheduled use of our Support Hub.
Please speak with SfL or pop in to F41 if you have any questions.
How to help at home
- Use visual prompts and cues to promote understanding of tasks
- Provide a calm environment for homework
- Use visual timetable or checklist to support understanding of routines
- Encourage use of word banks, subject glossaries and personal dictionaries
- Where possible use ICT that supports literacy
- Give general encouragement for desired communication
The link below provides useful information re learning at home: