Meetings of the Parent Council are open and all parents and carers are most welcome to attend. Coming along to a Parent Council meeting is one way of ensuring that you’re fully involved in your child’s education.
The agenda for each meeting will vary but is likely to include:
- updates from the Head Teacher covering topics such as academic achievement, Council policy and the general running of the school
- updates from senior students
- discussion of any current issues and agreement of action required
- study of topics of particular interest, e.g. Curriculum for Excellence
The Parent Council will meet 5 or 6 times between August and June. The first meeting of the session is usually in September and is in 2 parts, the first part being the AGM. Generally at least 3 meetings will be held in Balerno High School with one at Ratho Primary School and one at Kirknewton Primary School.
For session 2016/17, the schedule of meetings is as follows:
- 12th September 2016, Balerno High School
- 14th November 2016, Balerno High School
- 23rd January 2017, Ratho Primary School
- 6th March 2017, Kirknewton Primary School (TBC)
- 8th May 2017, Balerno High School