Meetings of the Parent Council are open and all parents and carers are most welcome to attend. Coming along to a Parent Council meeting is one way of ensuring that you’re fully involved in your child’s education.
The agenda for each meeting will vary but is likely to include:
- updates from the Head Teacher covering topics such as academic achievement, Council policy and the general running of the school
- updates from senior students
- discussion of any current issues and agreement of action required
- presentations by staff and others on topics of particular interest, e.g. presentations by faculty leaders, Curriculum for Excellence, course choices, etc
If you would like to propose an item for the agenda of an upcoming meeting then please contact us via Facebook or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parent Council will meet 5 or 6 times between August and June. The first meeting of the session is usually in September and is in 2 parts, one part being the AGM.
The dates for session 2020/21 are below. Usually all meetings are held in Balerno High School. However, following government guidelines, meetings will be held online until further notice. Specific details about how to join these meetings remotely will be communicated to all parents / carers before each meeting.
- 7 September 2020 (including AGM)
- 12 October 2020
- 23 November 2020
- 18 January 2021
- 8 March 2021
- 10 May 2021