Meetings of the Parent Council are open and all parents and carers are most welcome to attend. Coming along to a Parent Council meeting is one way of ensuring that you’re fully involved in your child’s education.
The agenda for each meeting will vary but is likely to include:
- updates from the Head Teacher covering topics such as academic achievement, Council policy and the general running of the school
- updates from senior students
- discussion of any current issues and agreement of action required
- presentations by staff and others on topics of particular interest, e.g. presentations by faculty leaders, Curriculum for Excellence, course choices, etc
If you would like to propose an item for the agenda of an upcoming meeting then please contact us via Facebook or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parent Council will meet 5 or 6 times between August and June. The first meeting of the session is usually in September and is in 2 parts, one part being the AGM.
For session 2019/20 all meetings will be held in Balerno High School. The provisional schedule of meetings is as follows:
- 30 September 2019 (including AGM)
- 28 October 2019
- 25 November 2019
- 20 January 2020
- 9 March 2020
- 11 May 2020